Projektablauf zur Gestaltung des Wohndesigns / Interior Designs
Project procedure for the creation of the home design / interior design
An optimal interior design is the basic prerequisite for you to feel comfortable at home. With the support of an interior architect or an interior designer, the interior design will be perfect. We work together with renowned experts for interior design, who are based in Düsseldorf and Paris, among other places. We would be happy to put you in touch with experienced interior designers in Paris and Düsseldorf. Discover the possibilities that an expert for your interior design can offer you!
Good interior design: What does this mean in practical terms?
The terms home design and interior design refer to the interaction of furniture, colours, fabrics and home accessories. The word supplement design means as much as design. The spatial conditions are taken into account so that a pleasant atmosphere is created overall. Unfortunately, the use of the word design has become more or less inflationary. Please note that the term design alone is no guarantee of quality, exclusivity and originality. A good interior designer first of all pays attention to what you have in mind! Because you live in the object he furnishes for you. Of course, chic and exclusive designer furniture can be used for this. But it is just as important that the ambience reflects your personality: Good interior design is authentic and suits you. It therefore depends to a large extent on the wishes and needs of the residents. The size of the room is just as important as the predominant use. The example of a living room is an excellent way of illustrating how different living preferences can be: Should the room have a more representative character or is it a spacious, cosy living room for the whole family? Do you like to live in a trendy way or do you love a classically elegant ambience? For the interior designer these are important points of reference so that he can integrate your expectations into the planning.
The connection between interior design and well-being
An experienced interior designer takes into account the individual ideas of the people who live in the flat or house. The aim is that the residents feel “at home” in their domicile in the truest sense of the word. Living is much more than just having a roof over your head, furnishing is more than just equipping rooms with furniture. It’s about style, atmosphere and harmony, in the chic loft in Düsseldorf as well as in the charming flat in an old building in Paris!
Professional home design with the interior designer as a partner
The interior designer takes care of the whole package: You will not only receive suggestions for the design, but you are also on the safe side from a technical point of view. For residential properties that already had a previous owner, structural changes may be necessary. If you want to renovate an old building and have it newly furnished, involve the interior designer from the very beginning. If walls need to be moved or new pipes are required for the electricity and water supply, the interior designer will offer expert advice, tailored to the subsequent interior design. If necessary, interior designers submit applications to the building authorities. In the case of a new building, the professional’s expertise is also useful. Think, for example, of the arrangement of sockets and light outlets; such details can be clarified in advance. The interior designer takes care of the whole package: You will not only receive suggestions for the design, but you are also on the safe side from a technical point of view. For residential properties that already had a previous owner, structural changes may be necessary. If you want to renovate an old building and have it newly furnished, involve the interior designer from the very beginning. If walls need to be moved or new pipes are required for the electricity and water supply, the interior designer will offer expert advice, tailored to the subsequent interior design. If necessary, interior designers submit applications to the building authorities. In the case of a new building, the professional’s expertise is also useful. Think, for example, of the arrangement of sockets and light outlets; such details can be clarified in advance.
The approach to creating the home design
- The first consultation is about finding out your wishes: Living purpose, style, colour wishes are just as much a part of it as a certain budget. The interior designer would like to get to know you, he is interested in your ideas for an ambience that makes you feel good. A specific style is not so important at this stage – it’s more about the “basics”, i.e. the room layout. In order for the interior designer to be able to work out the first proposals, he needs building plans, floor plans and photos, and a visit to the site is also very good.
- He will draw up a basic plan for your property in Paris or Düsseldorf, taking into account whether major conversion work is required. To give you an idea, the floor plan concept is available both in paper and digital form. Two and three-dimensional representations give you a good impression of what the later result will look like. Computer-aided planning is also ideal for changing certain details and arrangements quickly and efficiently.
- Once the initial concept is in place and meets with your approval, the interior designer develops a detailed plan with the appropriate furniture. Now the style of living you prefer is also taken into account. The wall and floor design is then coordinated with this. The lighting concept is just as much a part of this as the design of the window decoration.
- The finishing touches round off the planning phase: Now your interior designer will submit concrete furniture proposals. Here too, you can again bring in your individual wishes. A successful interior design combines different structures, haptics and textures. When selecting furniture, style plays just as important a role as the material. A harmonious overall picture should be created from a wealth of different types of wood and other materials such as glass or chrome. If you are looking for an exclusive home design for your property in Düsseldorf or Paris and would like to have beloved heirlooms integrated, a good interior designer will find the right solution. Especially such furniture that has been in family ownership for a long time or other antiques are well suited to give the flat a personal appearance. The aim is to create rooms with charm and character that make you feel good!
- You agree to the plans, now the implementation phase begins. The interior designer works together with experienced craftsmen and interior decorators. He coordinates and supervises the individual work steps up to the delivery and assembly of the furnishings. Your move into the new rooms with an interior design perfectly matched to you will be possible on schedule – welcome to your home!
Your advantages when you hire an interior designer
Whether it is a high-quality interior design in the kitchen and bathroom or an exclusive design for the living room and bedroom, you benefit in every respect from the interior designer’s expertise. The interior designer implements extraordinary wishes, he knows trends and has a wealth of ideas. Let yourself be inspired and find your very own personal ambience together with the expert in interior design! You have only one contact person and can rely on the expertise of the interior designer. In the kitchen and bathroom, it’s not just about the visual effect but also about functionality. Kitchen furnishings should look good, but also be optimally designed in terms of ergonomics. You know when state-of-the-art technology goes hand in hand with a pleasant atmosphere: Your interior designer has done a great job! The same applies to the design of your bathroom, so here too you can rely on the expertise of an experienced interior designer.
What investment requires professional home design?
The cost of the services of an interior designer depends on several factors. The size of the object plays just as much a role as the scope of the individual services from planning to realisation. As a guideline, a share of 10 to 15 percent of the total implementation sum OR 20 to 30 Euros / square metre is considered. However, these are only approximate figures. When calculating fees, interior designers usually adhere to the Fee Structure for Architects & Engineers (HOAI). You will receive a detailed offer that clearly defines the individual services. It is also possible to invoice according to a flat rate agreement, project-related or on an hourly basis. However, it is always recommended, regardless of which model is used to calculate the costs, that you obtain a cost estimate before commissioning the interior designer.
How do you find a good interior architect or interior designer?
You can search for an interior designer in trade directories or on the Internet, but you will not have reliable information about the quality of his work. If you would like to hire an expert for interior design for your property in Düsseldorf or Paris, recommendations from your circle of friends may be helpful. In general, it is advisable to obtain references and completed projects before you commission an expert. Also make sure you get a cost estimate so that you are spared unpleasant surprises. Another possibility: We work together with experienced, competent interior designers and interior architects. We would be happy to put you in touch with an expert. You will find contact information for renowned interior designers in Paris and Düsseldorf below.
Perhaps the question now remains: Do interior designers and interior architects offer the same services? We like to answer:
Interior architects and interior designers differ mainly in the type of education. The interior architect has successfully completed a degree in interior design and graduated as a graduate engineer or master. From a purely professional point of view, he is an architect specializing in interiors. As a member of the Chamber of Architects, he adheres to the HOAI or is obliged to do so from a total realisation amount of 25,000 Euros. An interior architect can submit building and usage change applications to the building authority. The designation Interior Designer is not protected. Training as an interior designer or studying at a university of applied sciences in the field of design is recommended, but not a prerequisite. If you have read the two designations alternately in the previous text, do not be confused: We only refer to the general use of language, which often equates interior designers and interior architects. Of course, you can also rely on the work of an interior architect or interior designer, because excellent performance and a feeling for excellent home design are gender-independent. In the recommendations we make, you will definitely find excellent qualified experts and you can look forward to excellent results!